Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Template to capture Details about successful Oracle Performance Improvement (Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Sun Solaris)
Template to capture Details about successful Oracle Performance Improvement [message #360964] Mon, 24 November 2008 08:15 Go to next message
gkodakalla
Hi everyone,

Suppose we have few queries which are having performance issues. Users complain the queries are not running
as per their expecations (say their requirement is it should run in 1 second, but it is running in 10 seconds)

We work towards improving the performance and we are able to succeed.

Now, if we want to capture all the required information about the success of the Tuning exercise,
what are the items i need to think about. From the response time point of view, we can say before the exercise, query was returning output in 10 seconds, now it is giving output on 1 second.

Can some one advice (or give me a URL) to find out what are all the parameters we can capture to show in the oracle performance improvement exercise (CPU utilization,etc) other than the response time alone?

Thanks,
Giridhar

Re: Template to capture Details about successful Oracle Performance Improvement [message #360984 is a reply to message #360964] Mon, 24 November 2008 09:22 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
I prefer runstats from Tom Kyte.

http://asktom.oracle.com/tkyte/runstats.html
Previous Topic: High I/O disk writes
Next Topic: How to avoid union?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 04:46:49 CDT 2024