Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » CREATE TABLE using SEQUENCE (ORacle 9i)
CREATE TABLE using SEQUENCE [message #337997] Sat, 02 August 2008 02:49 Go to next message
ravashingravi
Hi

I am creating a table that uses sequence. Hence i cannot use parallel hint in select clause.
Can i use PARALLEL in create table. Will this effect the sequence population. I need to populate sequence one by one as the table is already sorted.

CREATE TABLE A PARALLEL AS
SELECT /* full(b) */
x_seq.nextval COL11
COL12
COL13
FROM B b;

Table B has over 35 Million records.

Re: CREATE TABLE using SEQUENCE [message #337999 is a reply to message #337997] Sat, 02 August 2008 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ A table is NOT sorted.
2/ Hint is useless, get rid of all of them unless you are an optimizer expert and know what you do (and you are not).
3/ Read guidelines and format your post
4/ Post your version with 4 decimals
5/ What is the question?

Regards
Michel
Re: CREATE TABLE using SEQUENCE [message #338051 is a reply to message #337999] Sat, 02 August 2008 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
What i think ravashingravi problem is something different.

As per me ravashingravi need few record of table B (which is in production) into table A. For this he is creating table A which is taking few records of B (here few records are nearly 60% size of table B)

Note :- Table B is getting updated regularly

Am i right ravashingravi?

If I am right then ravashingravi question should be what is the best way to do this?

Well ravashingravi wants to reclaim the space... Shocked

Laughing Application problem they did not do purging of data regularly Laughing .. Sad DBA is in hot seat now Wink .. please we can't afford down time Shocked

[Updated on: Sat, 02 August 2008 15:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CREATE TABLE using SEQUENCE [message #338070 is a reply to message #338051] Sun, 03 August 2008 01:48 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
As per me ravashingravi need few record of table B (which is in production) into table A. For this he is creating table A which is taking few records of B (here few records are nearly 60% size of table B)

You can interpret the question as you want but the provided query does not show any restriction on rows, so where do you get "few"?
The rest of your post is then completly useless and even surrealist, I'm surprised you are not talking about hit ratio, DBA age or color of his manager shirt ornemented with all the smileys you can find in the galery; one you should often use is Embarassed

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: statspack report
Next Topic: SQL Tuning Methods & Books
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 07:30:52 CDT 2024