Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » How many times Queries/DML statement run over a week. (Solaris, 10.2.0.3)
How many times Queries/DML statement run over a week. [message #335512] Tue, 22 July 2008 06:58 Go to next message
Oraclist
In my production database I want to monitor within a week how many times queries and DML statements run and the exact statements along with their completion time. What are the procedures/ ways by which I can proceed ?

Please help me.

1)Audit - In which level I can run so that performance will not affect.

2)Logminer- Select statement can't be found.

3)Statspack report- only top queries are listed.

Along with these is there any history view by which you can get? my another question is if there is certain view in oracle then how statspack report generate statistics based on past data?
Re: How many times Queries/DML statement run over a week. [message #335518 is a reply to message #335512] Tue, 22 July 2008 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1) None anything you activate has performances impact, the question is "is it acceptable for you?" The more you want, the greatest is the performances impact. If you just want who and when it is low but not insignificant, if you also want SQL text it is greater.

2) right

3) right and you will not have completion time and who execute it.

Statspack generates its report from its own table fill by snap procedure. Just have a look to it.

If you also want SELECT, audit is the way for you. If you just want other statement, Log Miner is better (no impact on your performances).

Regards
Michel
Re: How many times Queries/DML statement run over a week. [message #335521 is a reply to message #335512] Tue, 22 July 2008 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oraclist
Thank you a lot Michel. You freshen this forum.
Quote:
Statspack generates its report from its own table fill by snap procedure. Just have a look to it.
Can you send me the link from where I can get information about it.

And what is the minimal level of audit that I can enable to get all sql run within a week.

Audit on select, update, delete?
Re: How many times Queries/DML statement run over a week. [message #335534 is a reply to message #335521] Tue, 22 July 2008 08:29 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ see sp*.* file in rbdms/admin directory.
2/ The "minimal level" depends on the minimal information what you want. See AUDIT statement.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Need help to Optimize this query
Next Topic: optimize queries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 07:34:00 CDT 2024